• The Chua Lectures Series: From Memristors and Cellular Nonlinear Networks to the Edge of Chaos, a 12-Part Series with HP Labs, 22 September – 24 November, 2015, Palo Alto CA, USA, co-sponsored by Computer Chapter.
• We will co-sponsored IEEE UKaI Student Branch Congress in Canterbury on 10th October 2015 and sent three speakers there: Dr. Caroline Li (Big Data & IoT), Dr. Colin Johnson (PhD Scholarships) and Prof. Simon Thompson (Bridging the gap between academia and industries).
• Seminar, “Green IT”, Prof Nihal Sinnadurai (Fellow IEEE, IEEE Distinguished Lecturer), Woolf College, University of Kent, March 2016, co-sponsored by Computer Chapter.
• Seminar, “Essence of Bidirectional Programming”, Prof. Zhenjiang Hu (National Institute of Informatics, Japan), Canterbury, 14th April, 2015, co-sponsored by Computer Chapter.
• Prof. Tams Roska’s Memorial Lecture, “The Cellular Neural Network Computer”, by Prof. Leon O. Chua (University of California, Berkeley, USA), Budapest, June 2015, co-sponsored by Computer Chapter.
• Invited talk Invited talk “Brain-like Computer”, by Prof. Frank Wang, China National Computer Congress (CNCC), Oct 22-24, Hefei, China, co-sponsored by Computer Chapter.
• Keynote, the 7th International Conference on Computational Intelligence, Communication Systems and Networks (CICSyN), 3 – 5 June, Riga, Latvia, co-sponsored by Computer Chapter.
• Keynote, “Computer Evolution over the Next Decade: Fact or Fiction?”, UKSim, Cambridge, UK, 25-27 March, 2015, co-sponsored by Computer Chapter.
• Invited talk “How will computers evolve over the next 10 years?”, World Congress on Sustainable Technologies, 2014-12-08, London, UK, co-sponsored by Computer Chapter.
• Keynote, “How will Cloud Computing/Big Data evolve over the next 10 years?”, IEEE 4th International Conference on Big Data & Cloud Computing, Sydney, Australia, 3rd-5th December 2014, co-sponsored by Computer Chapter.
• Co-Chairship, 8th International Conference on Next Generation Mobile Apps, Services and Technologies, 10-12 September, 2014, Oxford, UK, co-sponsored by Computer Chapter.
• Open Lecture, “Memristor, Hodgkin-Huxley, and Edge of Chaos”, Leon O. Chua (University of California, Berkeley, USA), Manchester University, Manchester, UK, 14th February 2014, co-sponsored by Computer Chapter.
• Invited talk “Theories behind the memristor” by Prof. Leon Chua, The European Research Day, 8th October 2014, the Prague Congress Center, Prague, Czech, co-sponsored by Computer Chapter.
• Invited talk, “Computing Research in UK and Ireland”, IEEE Networking Event focused on Research Collaboration with Africa, University of Ulster, Jordanstown, 28 October 2014, Belfast, UK.
We are Computer Engineers. We are Computer Scientists. We
program. We are the IEEE Computer Society UK and Ireland Chapter
Chair: Professor Frank Zhigang Wang
Head of School of Computing
University of Kent
Vice-Chair: Professor Jim Yip
Pro Vice-Chancellor (PVC)
University of Salford
Secretary: Dr. Caroline Ling Li
School of Computing
University of Kent
Executive Committee Member
Dr. John Gordon (Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Oxfordshire)
Dr. Giuseppe De Francesco (GDF IT Consultancy)
Prof. Peter Astheimer (University of Abertay)
Prof. Khalid Al-Begain (University of South Wales)
Dr. Gordon Dodds (Queen’s University of Belfast)
Prof. Charles Shoniregun (Infonomics Society)
Dr. Cyril Onwubiko (Chair, E-Security Group, Research Series Ltd)
Giuseppe De Francesco
GDF IT Consultancy
Prof. Peter Astheimer
International Centre for Computer Games and Virtual Entertainment (IC CAVE)
University of Abertay
Prof. Khalid Al-Begain
Faculty of Computing, Engineering and Science
University of South Wales
Northern Ireland Representative
Dr. Gordon Dodds
School of Computer Science
Queen’s University of Belfast
Ashby Bldg, Stranmillis Rd, Belfast BT9 5AH